Our Tennis Pros
Lawson Duncan, Head Tennis Professional
Lawson was formally ranked number 36 on the ATP tour and Career wins include Yannick Noah, Johan Kriek, Tim Wilkison, Guillermo Vilas, Jimmy Brown, Ivan Lendl. He played at Clemson University for one season, reaching the NCAA single final. He was named All-American that year and then turned pro. Lawson was NCAA rookie of the year and still holds the NCAA record for most singles wins in a season. He was Team Captain of the USTA Junior Davis Cup team in 1983 and in his first full year in 1985, he reached three European clay court finals within one month. He finished number 59 in his first full year.
- 1989- Runner-up at Charleston (l. Berger); Semifinalist at Florence, San Marino, Casablanca-2 Ch.; Quarterfinalist at Athens; RD 16 at French Open.
- 1988- Runner-up at Boston (l. Muster), Vina del Mar Ch.; Winner at Hanko Ch.; Semifinalist at Charleston, Florence, Bari, Casablanca Ch.; Quarterfinalist at Bordeaux, Prague; Doubles Runner-up at Marrakech Ch. (w/Schwaier).
- 1987- Winner at Agadir, Casablanca Challengers; Quarterfinalist at Palermo.
- 1986- Runner-up at Vina del Mar Challenger; Quarterfinalist at Bari, St. Vincent; Doubles Semifinalist at St. Vincent (w/Pistolesi).
- 1985- Runner-up at Bari (l. Panatta), Marbella (l. de la Pena), Madrid (l. Maurer); Quarterfinalist at Tournament of Champions-N.Y., Florence.
- 1985- US Davis Cut Team USA vs West Germany team member
Please click here to read about other pros at ARC!